[Public-list] Patrolling the Great Lakes?

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Apr 3 07:41:39 PDT 2006

Hi there -

Yes - I will be a long way from home; Esquimault is our Pacific Fleet base.

HMS Bee has not sailed for quite some time, but I am happy to say that she
is in better than new condition partly as a result of the hiatus in the
historic sites' sailing program.  Refit work is beginning on HMS Tecumseth
and I am happy to report that I am supplying rigging.

In 2002 the not for profit organization that was operating both Bee and
Tecumseth on behalf of the historic site had their contract with the Ontario
Gov. cancelled (long story but something that had to be done). Part of the
problem was Tecumseth's stability examination turning up quite depressing
figures.  Bee, on the other hand, is a fine little schooner and her
stability figures are stellar, but in the absence of a corps of volunteers
to sail the vessels sailing ended for both of them.

Rumours abound as usual.

Gord #426