[Public-list] Boarding Ladders

Rod Symmes harmony at aztec-net.com
Mon Apr 3 14:37:55 PDT 2006

As you have noticed, mine has no standoff legs.  Where I wanted the ladder, I had only about 15" of  freeboard and very little hull to brace against (because of stern overhang).  My only concern was damaging the hinges by applying too much leverage.  I am 185 lbs but by climbing with my chest kept close to the ladder so the weight is straight down, it handles it just fine.  My only worry is if some "lard-arse" was to climb with his butt stuck way off the side or some kid tried to do a back flip off the ladder.  But for the wife and I , it is just perfect and uses no space for storage.

Cheers,    Rod