[Public-list] Varnish Removal ?

Elaine and Brian Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Fri Apr 7 02:31:40 PDT 2006

Dan,
  Thanks for the input. On fiberglass or wood the remover is working on the
paint or varnish not the substrate. It's good to hear positive reports about
it removing paint. From everything I've learned about old varnish removal,
from several lists I asked, I've decided to try heat and scrapers first with
a follow up using the franmar remover (if necessary). I'm not looking
forward to this project since my boat is still a mess from some over winter
rip out, replace, refinish interior flooring project I've been doing. The
start of the season is fast approaching and I've got way more work to do
than I have time to do it.
  Thanks for the input,
Brian    s/v Calico Jack      LF39PH#66    ex#497