[Public-list] boom vang, slab reefing

Robert E Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Thu Apr 20 09:15:17 PDT 2006

Gordon,

I'm confused.
My jiffy reefing has a grommet at the luff and another near the leach
for each reef. The one at the luff holds the luff down to the boom
(against the halyard tension) and the aft one is used to pull the sail
down and aft. Both grommets take a lot of load. I was talking about
these grommets.

Bob #397