[Public-list] slab reefing, boom vang

Philip Bartlett pbartlett at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 20 20:56:53 PDT 2006

Hi Gordon,
What are you using for reef line cleats on the boom? Windward has clam
cleats that the reeflines creep through over time. I worry that they will
slip completely and let the reef out damaging the sail at the tie points. I
have considered changing to rope clutches or plain cleats but have not
decided which yet.

Philip,
Windward #428