[Public-list] slab reefing - boom vang

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Apr 21 04:24:48 PDT 2006

Hello Bernard -

On the US A30 site click on 'Association', then 'cruising'.  Then you will
see a link to look at the reefing pictures.

Those photos were taken by a friend of ours with an incredible long lens
while we were taking two reefs on a very windy November day at the entrance
to Midland Harbour.  We have our #3 jib set and because both my crew members
were new I hove to while taking the reefs (you will see the jib backed in
some of the shots).

Accidentally the pictures became a document on reefing - but it was
interesting to see how much a camera like that can see from over a mile
away.  I am the guy in the yellow suit with a tan cap giving orders.  The
guy who never moves in the pictures was seasick as a dog, and we had not got
out to the open yet!  When we got home two days later I commented that he
might never see weather that bad again. I guess he like it - he bought his
own boat this spring.

Gord