[Public-list] Backing an Alberg 30 into a Slip

Peter Staehling staehpj1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 08:55:21 PDT 2006

>   I asked the list the same question two years ago,
> and got a lot of good advice.

Is that archived anywhere in a form that can be
searched?

I will try to incorporate your advice, but
unfortunately I need to approach with the slip on my
port side so some modification will be necessary.
Fortunately my slip am not in a very tight spot so
there is a little room.

I really want to get this down without resorting to
control lines and I think I can.  I have been managing
to get in OK, but my technique definite needs to be
polished.  Your advice should help and maybe practice
is the now most important thing.

I think maybe I need to turn more like 100 degrees
initially and to overcome the tendency of the stern to
kick to starboard when backing.

I am still open to further suggestions, but I think
that your advice will be a big help.  I need to
practice.  Maybe I can find a time when there is no
audience :)

Pete