[Public-list] Rebuild photos

jon whittle at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 1 19:37:08 PST 2006

Dear George,
                    You may possibly remember  a previous conversation
regarding re-building cockpit coamings, and the virtues(or otherwise)
regards the use of plywood over solid? Well, you may be pleased that I
re-entered the fold and went with solid Honduran Mahogany. However I went
one step further and joined the "tails" across the rear cockpit
"bridgedeck". I have some photos of the finished project but am unsure how
or where to send them.. I used five peices of halfinch by 2 and a half fir
edge grain strips epoxied together over a form that I took right off the
deck. I capped these with a spare piece of Honduran. The fir is epoxied and
then painted white, the Honduran has about six coats of marine Cetol. The
Winch bases were done in similiar fashion. Regards Jonathan Whittingham.
"EMMY"