[Public-list] power boat anti-fouling

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sun Apr 23 14:00:23 PDT 2006

Hi George,
Is your water too foulish to use VC 17 (likely) ? VC 's Teflon gives power
boats better fuel economy due to reduced drag but it might not stop
barnacles.

If VC is a no go Pettit's Unipoxey Plus is what I have used on Sunstone, it
is a fairly friendly to apply, high copper, low VOCs for a modified epoxy
paint and lays out well - recommend roll and tip application. I tip with a
wide foam brush but you will need several and a short nap paperless core
roller. Harry Grigat uses Unipoxy Plus on his boats down South and PS rates
it well for anti-flouling longevity. I'm happy with it - if you don't haul
it the paint will last a couple to three years.

Hope this is a help - gonna give Lehman's Glory some additional competition
? - vroom vroom ... ; )

Cheers,

John