[Public-list] Fw: Electric Bilge Pump Installation

Jonathan Adams laughing_gull at verizon.net
Tue Aug 1 08:04:14 PDT 2006

Mine is installed on a aluminum strut that extends to the bilge - this facilitates lifting it in and out. The strut is fastened at the top. I have not yet  had to take it out, but I have used this on other boats, and it saves having to be upside down for so long.

The outlet leads to a Y in the starboard locker, where it joins with the suction hose from a manual whale / diaphram pump. If you want to use the manual one, you flip the Y valve, and the reverse for the DC one.

JA
Laughing Gull