[Public-list] Cowl vents

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 6 05:22:59 PDT 2006

Emotional Rescue #303 is used by Sail Chicago, a volunteer sailing group. One of the activities is to take out under-priviiliged kids. Unfortunately, one of the disturbed kids, unscrewed the bow cowl vent and threw it overboard. I have looked thru West Marine catalog to try to determine which of the many shown would fit. Those few in the store that I can measure seem to have a slightly larger base that would require me to enlarge the hole in the deckand epoxy seal the edges of the hole. It would be very nice if I could find a replacement.

  Has anyone knowledge of what model cowl vent Whitby was using on the 1968 models?

  The base plate is cast bronze, chrome-plated, 4 screw holes. The inside diameter of the threaded portion is 3-1/16 inches, the screw pitch is 1/16 inch (16 threads per inch). Any help would be appreciated.

  Ed, Schroeder