[Public-list] Halyard Sheaves and Rope Halyard Question

Cole, Andrew L andrew.cole at llff.com
Mon Aug 28 06:54:29 PDT 2006

The first test sheave is in, and so far I have been told it looks to be
a perfect fit (I don't know if it has gone sailing yet).  The second one
will (hopefully) go in this weekend.

I have received a lot of checks, which are sitting in a pile on my
dining room table.  If anyone else plans on placing an order, please
send your check as soon as possible.  I will probably place the final
order first thing next week, after I confirm the fit of the second test
sheave.  I will send a list of all of the orders for which I have
received a check later this week.

I will probably switch to a rope halyard when I make the change to avoid
the problem that prompted this group buy.  I am considering going with
New England Ropes Sta Set 3/8" line.  I am trying to decide between an
eyespliced line with a captive headboard shackle and a bare end that
would be tied to the headboard.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this
line, the sizing, or any issues with switching to rope?

Andrew

Cole, Andrew L
Admitted in Maryland, Virginia & Florida
One Corporate Center
10451 Mill Run Circle, Suite 1000
Baltimore MD 21117

tel: 410 581-7408
fax: (410) 581-7410
mob: (410) 206-3577

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for public-list at alberg30.org. If you are not public-list at alberg30.org you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify andrew.cole at llff.com immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Cole, Andrew L therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.