[Public-list] Rudder shaft

mainstay at csolve.net mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Aug 8 09:56:46 PDT 2006

I agree -

Bronze can be much harder and stronger than stainless steel; which is
actually quite brittle.  In bronze the alloy is the thing; aluminium
bronze and silicon bronze are both very good materials to make rudder
shafts of.  If you are having any difficulty finding those materials,
contact me off the list and i can steer you toward good suppliers and
reasonable machine shops that I use.

Gord #426 Suprise