[Public-list] Stove replacement

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Aug 21 20:20:10 PDT 2006

John Flanders wrote:
> My stove needs replacing. The ORIGO 4100 CB looks as if it would
> require just minor enlargement to the existing cut-out.
> I would like to have a gimbaled stove, but can't find one. Is there a
> gimbaled stove that would work on the A30?

John, I'd be surprised if you fit a new gimbaled stove in.  The old
Homestrand gimbaled stove was a tight fit, from what I hear, and would
knock against stuff before it gimbaled far.

Personally, I use a portable 1-burner butane stove, though I've got a
small 1-burner propane gimbaled stove I can use if I really need to cook
underway.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.