[Public-list] Mast rake. Ventilation

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 22 07:13:01 PDT 2006

It is becoming clear that our boats were not mass-produced, cookie cutters. Emotional Rescue's companionway hatch front edge board is straight, not curved as is the top. The companionway two boards are reinforced with a metal rod embedded in each of the two edges. The boards meet with a sloped edge to keep water out. If I make the top board louvered, I will need to slope the bottom of the unit sloped to meet the sloped top of the lower unit.

  When I look at the pictures you skippers publish, the deck and cockpit layouts all look different from one another.
  Ed. Schroeder #303

dickdurk at atlanticbb.net wrote:
  Ed

If you make the hatch boards, keep in mind the top one
needs to be curved on top to match the sliding hatch.

Don't ask how I know that.

MichaelGrosh
220