[Public-list] voyage to the Bay from NY

Elaine and Brian Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sat Aug 26 11:05:11 PDT 2006

Thrills! Years ago, I went through Oregon Inlet in a Tartan 27 yawl, with a
broken tiller head (steering with vice grips), just after a storm (the one
that broke the tiller head). I still don't believe the way the waves were
breaking just feet before the channel after a dog leg that put me sideways
to the breakers. Truly a classic inlet passage!
I'm not into doing that on a routine basis.
Quite a few people have told me that the shoreside channel around Cape May
is safe and easy. I might have to reconsider that route.
Thanks,
Brian
OBTW, it's EX A30#497, now my mast needs 53' minimum to clear.
S/V Calico Jack  - Sino-American Landfall 39 Pilothouse