[Public-list] Halyard Sheaves and Rope Halyard Question

edward schroeder eddiediver at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 28 08:29:12 PDT 2006

Probably taught to you, as a young midshipman, by Russel Crowe.

Gordon Laco <mainstay at csolve.net> wrote:  Hi Andrew -

We just finished the Woodenboat Show in Newport - in the flap of getting
ready for that I did not send you a cheque. I will be home tomorrow night -
will send then.

My 2 cents on terminating the halyard - I don't use splices because they can
jam in the throat of the sheave box at the mast head. In my time in
historic replicas I grew to respect seizings and that is what I use. For
many years my braided rope halyards have been terminated by sewing then
seizing... The whole then covered with leather.

Gord