[Public-list] minor hull and deck repair

John Malthouse jmaltcontact at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 28 06:54:44 PST 2006

I plan on repairing minor gealcoat cracks mostly near the toe rail and a
couple of deaper scratches/gouges in the side. Would rather repair gealcoat,
small area than re-paint complete with Algrip. I also would like to repair
some cosmetic and stress cracks on the deck and cock pit.
What I am looking for is some good reading material on these processes.
I got some practice with the West System last summer with my smaller boat
hull repair and did my own paint job (pretty good) but not sure if this is
the route to take with my A30? I would like to stay with gealcoat (still
original), does this make sense?  I have not found much reading on minor
deck repair and painting. To be pointed in the right direction would be
helpfull,thanks.
Mannin sits in my driveway close to my garage. I hope to move her to lake
Ontario next spring,need deeper and bigger water.
John Malthouse, Mannin #452
jmaltcontact at hotmail.com