[Alberg30] article on piracy

Gordon LACO mainstay at csolve.net
Fri Dec 8 19:04:03 PST 2006

on 5/12/03 6:42 PM, Don Campbell at dk.campbell at sympatico.ca wrote:

> It depends on which PHRF fleet you race with. Lake Erie is different from
> Lake Ont. and spinnaker is different from white sails. In the end,
> measurements matter and so do fleet rules.
> Don
>
> Gordon LACO wrote:
>
>> on 5/10/03 2:50 PM, Wally Moran at wmoran at look.ca wrote:
>>
>>> As some of you know, I am a newspaper publisher and journalist - an
>>> article of mine on piracy was published yesterday in the Tampa
>>> Tribune. Here's the link, hope you enjoy it.
>>>
>>> Wally
>>>
>>> http://www.tampatrib.com/Sports/MGA61ZPHHFD.html
>>
>> Hello Gang -
>>
>> Very interesting article on piracy...  - piracy stories are a perfect
>> connect for racing.... I am about to register my A30 for club racing this
>> season - anybody got advise on the PHRF number I should look for on the
>> Upper Great Lakes?
>>
>> Gord
>> A30 Surprise #426

Hi Don -

I will race on Georgian Bay and with a spinnaker.  My white sails are
standard to class.

The reason I am asking is because the nearest boat to mine in performance is
a Corvette... and the club's rating allocation has her in a diff fleet.  I
would prefer to find an acceptable rating in the same fleet as this boat
whose performance potentials and vintage are so similar.

Gord