[Public-list] methyl hydrate?

BRIAN HOFLER bhofler at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 22 09:50:46 PST 2006

I have been using methyl hydrate (purchase in canada at canadian tire) because it is the same as "marine alcohol" - Many of you may recall the stinging sensation that occurs when older alcohol stoves begin to run out of fuel. This is caused by the oil added to the methyl hydrate for lubrication. Modern non-pressurized stoves (origo) don't need it. Heck, if you can get cheap vodka you can use it too.

Brian - #496