[Public-list] dodger..LG

Hugh McCormack hugh_alberg at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 25 16:47:47 PST 2006

Hello Jonathan,

I don't know if you have seen the DVD that Yves Gelinas made about his
voyage around the world on Jean du Sud (#399).  In the later part of the DVD
it appears that he has an extension to his dodger that closes in the rest of
the cockpit.  The hems appear to be anchored to the deck inside the bases of
his stern pulpit stanchions and along the outside of the coming.  He used 1
1/2" lined firehose inflated with air via a standard tire valve as the
supports for his dodger.  The ends of the tubes were attached to the inside
of the coming.  His theory was that the whole thing could collapse under the
weight of a breaking sea and then spring back up once the water had drained
away.

You might get some help from him or his DVD via his website:
http://www.caphorn.com/superlatives.htm

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Hugh McCormack
Woody Point, Nfld

>From: Jonathan Adams <laughing_gull at verizon.net>
>To: Alberg 30 Public List -- open to all <public-list at lists.alberg30.org>
>Subject: Re: [Public-list] dodger..LG
>Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 08:40:18 -0800 (PST)

(snipped)
>I am curious as to whether anyone has any advice for a dodger extension.
>Where do you put the support poles?
>
>Jonathan
>197

Off to school, going on a trip, or moving? Windows Live (MSN) Messenger lets
you stay in touch with friends and family wherever you go. Click here to
find out how to sign up!  http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca