[Public-list] depression in hull

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Dec 30 08:41:53 PST 2006

Brian,

Check the knees where the chainplates are attached.  On some boats,
these were not quite flush with the underside of the deck, and as the
tension closes the gap, it pulls in on the side of the hull.  If this is
a small gap, I don't think it's cause for worry.  Much more serious
problems include the knees pulling free from the hull, or rotting
internally from water infiltration.

I don't think that a beam problem would create any such symptoms.  Beam
issues are usually noticed by the head door not closing.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                'The Middle' by Ogden Nash