[Public-list] headsail

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Feb 21 04:17:26 PST 2006

  When I converted to roller furling in 1991 I had my existing 140%
genny converted for some modest charge like $125, including putting
anti-ultraviolet tape on the leech. The shape may not have been as nice
as a new sail, but it was not bad, in fact we probably sailed on the
genny alone half the time we were out. If we raced I'd feel differently,
but  for the cost difference, I never missed the better sail. I replaced
the genny last year and don't see that much difference  between the old
one and the new, high-priced sail, other than the fact that the new one
is a little stiffer and certainly not worn out.

- Gordon White
Brigadoon II