[Public-list] Propeller question

John Boor 5thseason at canada.com
Fri Feb 10 13:08:43 PST 2006

I too have a 2 blade prop that max's out at 1400 RPM and
find this is to low speed to recharge my battery bank
quickly.  I am haveing my prop re worked to reduce the dia
to about 11 ins and decreasing the pitch a little.  This
will have the effect of increasing the RPM's to about 1800
at 6 knots thus allowing my 90 amp alternator to deliver
full amps, also it will let the A4 work in a better power
range.  I thought about the Michigan 2 and 3 blade prop's
but neither would increase the RPM's I need.  I hope this
will improve my performance but only this summer will let me
know.

John Boor
MAHSEER #380

 I am  interested in upgrading my propeller. The boat came