[Public-list] headsail size

dan walker dsailormon at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 12:47:16 PST 2006

congrats gord. women,.... just don't appreciate fine art. a smug pig.....of course it should be on display in the living room
  dan

rdon Laco <mainstay at csolve.net> wrote:
  Hi there -

When I had Triton make me a new genny, I made it a 140 and now wish it had
been a 150.

By the way, I have to crow a little - even with the small headsail dear old
Surprise took two big firsts last season; the Hog Trophy and the Single
Handed Trophy, both raced in horrible ghosting light air conditions. Once
we get that iron mine moving, she doesn't stop (unless some *&^*%$ in a
motor boat gives us a wake) Lighter competitors would accelerate faster
than we could when the tiny puffs came, but as I said above, once we got
sliding through the water we would glide hundreds of yards after they
stopped and lost steerage way.

Re the Hog Trophy... I have been second several times in the past 16 years
but this year - we got the Swine!! The trophy itself is a big brass pig
with a smug look on its face - I love it. Caroline keeps moving it out of
the living room...

Gord #426

PS the really funny thing is that both wins occurred when my regular crew
were NOT aboard. They have received a lot of teasing about that!