[Public-list] Stanchion Question

Dave Terrell dterrell at message.nmc.edu
Wed Jan 4 18:40:25 PST 2006

Garhauer has 24 " stainless tubes - one lifeline - for $27 and loose
change. Tops-in-Quality has them for $44. $48 for two lifelines. Top-in
quality will duplicate the base for $52/base. Their standard base does
not match our bolt pattern - or least my pattern.

FINNUS505 at aol.com wrote:
> Has anyone replaced individual stantions that were bent? Is there an
> affordable source for stantions that match the originals?

I have.  I just used some stainless tubing (and reused the lifeline
guide at the top).  Note that some of the stanchions are supposed to be
bent in slightly just above the base.  This lets them stand up straight
on a sloped deck, rather than leaning outboard.