[Public-list] Lazyjacks

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Jan 7 20:16:18 PST 2006

Jonathan Whittingham wrote:
> Thanks, George. Can you point me towards a satisfactory system for the
> Alberg?(Probably yours!). Jonathan.

Mine have been rigged temporarily for quite a few years, now.

I put a couple blocks about 2/3rds the way up the mast, and now I think
that's too high.  I might take those off and mount some to the spreader
bases.

I ran a taut line under the boom so I could experiment with different
attachment points before making holes in the boom.  Instead of blocks on
the lines, I just tied loops.  That worked fine for a few years, but the
lines have twisted and no longer slide easily.  I've thought about
making some nylon slides that swivel.  Blocks really seem like overkill
to me.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.