[Public-list] Lazyjacks

Jay Davenport jay at saildriver.com
Sun Jan 8 16:29:56 PST 2006

You could be right Gord. This is the first new mainsail I have had on Revolution. But I think there is more to it than that. When I sail very close to the wind with the new full batten sail, it never loses shape until I am almost head to wind. My old sail would begin luffing much earlier. As a result, when I am motor sailing into the wind, which I don't find to be an unusual circumstance on the Chesapeake, my mainsail is filled, shaped, and rarely luffing. I am very happy with it.

  Jay

Gordon Laco <mainstay at csolve.net> wrote:
  I think that is true only when comparing an old regular main with a new or
newly battened main. A main with 'traditional' battens should perform
better over a wider range of conditions and last longer.

Gord 426