[Public-list] mooring recommendations

Dan Landrigan dlandrigan at landrigan.net
Sat Jan 21 11:31:09 PST 2006

Hi everybody,
Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the
association and ask for any advice on mooring
locations on the Chesapeake.

My wife Leslie and I moved to the area from Nahant,
Massachusetts two years ago and purchased our Alberg
30 in 2005 and are now looking for a good home for it
for the summer.

We're basically weekend sailors and what little
sailing we've done on the Chesapeake has been out of
Annapolis.

Because of trafic concerns (we live in Arlington, VA)
we're thinking we'd like to stay on the western shore,
though really I'd love to hear the arguments from
anyone who knows a great spot to put the boat.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Dan