[Public-list] Re: Alberg Odyssey vs. A30

Henry Hilliard island_light at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 12:33:34 PST 2006

George, Thank you for directing me to the Odyssey
info.   Given the specs, the Odyssey with a shorter
LOA,   longer LWL , wider  beam , deeper draft and
greater displacement  is clearly a different  boat . I
will be in  Long Beach area later this month and I
hope take a spin up to  H&L Marine in Compton  If I
dig up any more info I will be sure to send it along.

(Odyssey)     LOA     29' 10"    vs.   (A30)
30'3"
(Odyssey)     LWL     22'          vs    (A30)
21'8"
(Odyssey)     beam   8' 10"     vs    (A30)       8'
9"
(Odyssey)     draft      4' 9"       vs    (A30)
4'3"
(Odyssey)     sail area 435 sq. ft. (sloop rig)
   vs,   (A30)        410  sq. ft.
(Odyssey)     displacement 11,500 - 12,000 lbs    vs.
 (A30)        9,000 lbs

Henry Hilliard
Celeste   #394