[Public-list] Thanks and an update

David Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Thu Jul 6 10:52:52 PDT 2006

I want to thank all those who helped me decide on a new propeller -
especailly Don Campbell, Janski and Alan Slater who provided a lot of
really good information. I hope I did miss anyone, but those were the
ones I remember most on this topic.

After a lot of thought and reading, I decided on an MP 3 from Michigan
Wheel. I have found that it makes stopping, entering the slip and
backing out a non-events. Drag from from this three blade prop does not
seem to be a problem. I am sure there is some on light wind days, but it
is not "noticeable".  With the throttle about half open, the boat moves
at about hull speed with acceptable oil pressure and 1800 rpms. Actually
I can get these speeds at lower rpms if I like.  Oil pressure seems to
be higher at lower rpms. I have  not had the occassion to plow through
large waves yet.  It seems that I have plenty of reserve power for these
conditions, given the results I have so far. As one who cruises and does
not race, this is a good solution for me. I think Janski's suggestion of
a MP 2 would be better for racers who are more concerned about drag.

Coments. quiestions, and discussions are always appreciated.

We ask so many questions and get such good advice here. I thought it
wold be good to share results and give thanks for the advice.

So, thanks again

David, 432.