[Public-list] intermittent engine problem

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Wed Jul 12 06:01:30 PDT 2006

My two cents is that it could be a coil that breaks down when it gets
warm (easy - replace the coil) or the fuel pickup. I had a fuel pickup
that drew from the bottom of the tank and had a screen at the end. It
clogged with gunk several years ago while approaching, downwind in 30
knots, a closed drawbridge that had an opening schedule and refused to
treat our problem as an emergency. It was nip and tuck to get the anchor
down .
    My solution was to (later) remove the screen and install parallel
Racor filters with a valve. NEVER have an unreachable filter!!

- Gordon White
Brigadoon II