[Public-list] Request for setup photos

richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com richard.hazlegrove at wachovia.com
Fri Jul 14 07:38:44 PDT 2006

Roger,  I own Quest,  #433 which I purchased about ten years ago.  Since
that time I have done extensive work on the deck, sailhandling, anchor,
canvas etc.  Some of the work was recommended and performed by
professional riggers in Annapolis,  other items simply evolved to ease
singlehanding.  I occasionally race the boat so I have tried not to make
too many changes that compromise her ability to race.  For example all
spinnaker hardware and controls are in place including a fabricated
masthead bail that was installed to accommodate the Schaffer roller
furling system.   I have two cabintop winches that serve seven clutches
for main and spinnaker halyards,  rigid vang, spinnaker pole toping lift,
outhaul, and slab reefing. Some purists and racers may prefer hank on
foresails and mast led halyards but I have found that for my purposes the
tradeoffs are worth the ease and safety when singlehanding.

I have some photos on file but plan to be at the boat this weekend and can
take additional shots if you're interested.    Drop me a quick email off
line if you're interested.

Richard Hazlegrove
Quest #433
Mobjack Bay,  VA.