[Public-list] Mainsheet tavellers

J Bergquist jbergqui at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 18:58:27 PDT 2006

For the A30 I really like Garhauer hardware. It's less expensive than
Harken, Ronstan, or Schaeffer. And it's built to last. Their customer
service is awesome and they will custom fit special parts to your boat. I
bought a rigid vang from them last year and I LOVE it. I have been using
their blocks for quite some time on my main topping lift, kite halyard, and
pole topping lift. I love their stuff.

Tim Williams has been working on replacing his traveler (the old one is a
Harken), I think. You might ask him. He does not read this list. I believe
he bought a Schaeffer.

Modern hardware is such a pleasure to use. I have replaced a lot of old
blocks and other sail controls on my boat. Replacing the traveler is tops on
my list of sail controls to upgrade...once I get the debt from my repower
job under control...

See you on the water,

J Bergquist
Calliope #287