[Public-list] Furling Main

Elaine and Brian Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Mon Jul 10 12:21:47 PDT 2006

Actually Mike, I believe it is a very old Schaffer unit. This is the type
with a drum at the bottom, a swivel at the top, and only the sail's luff
wire between them (no extrusion). It's the type of system that went away a
long time ago, but is being revived for Code 0's and staysails now.
Hopefully the modern ones are built better.
Brian   ex#497