[Public-list] Alberg plans

John Brugeman johnbrugeman at ameritech.net
Fri Jul 14 17:31:56 PDT 2006

George,

  I don't see Andy that often but when I do I will ask him about the plans.  If I can obtain copies I will certainly send them to you to post on the site.  Andy is pushing 80 and as I said he is not in very good health but I'm sure he would be willing to share them with fellow Albergers.

  John B
  Mermaid 305

George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at alberg30.org> wrote:
  John Brugeman wrote:
> We keep our boat
> at Brand's Marina in Port Clinton and I know the gentleman who owns
> the Alberg that was converted to a yawl. I have never sailed with
> him so I can't say how an Alberg yawl sails. Andy M., the owner,
> doesn't sail much as his health isn't very good. As Andy tells it
> though; he called Carl Alberg one day and asked if he had ever
> designed a yawl. Carl told him he had it on paper but it was never
> built. Carl told him to send him $5 and he would send him the plans,
> and he did. Andy refit his Alberg to the plans Carl had sent him and
> it looks great but I can't say how it sails.

Could you ask Andy if he would be willing to copy his plans? I would be
glad to pay for duplication, and I think it would be a fine addition to
the Alberg30.org web site. I'd love to include the story of converting
the A30 to a yawl, too.

- George

When I remember bygone days George Dinwiddie
I think how evening follows morn; gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
So many I loved were not yet dead, http://www.Alberg30.org
So many I love were not yet born.
'The Middle' by Ogden Nash