[Public-list] Rig tensions

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 20 05:56:21 PDT 2006

A good one to use on this list, since it varies so much, is US17. It is not
overly tight (as you find in A30 pricipally uised for racing) and not overly
loose (as you find in predominately cruising boats). It should be noted that
a loose rig is as bad as a over tight rig because it is more suceptible to
shock loading in heavy weather.

Mike Lehman