[Public-list] Fuel tanks

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Jul 25 10:27:37 PDT 2006

Thanks Tom -

We would keep the extra tank empty except when cruising - I was just down at
the boat measuring things.  My son and I moving weights around to see what
diff the 130 odd pounds would make... Strangely enough not much.  The real
effect would be in pitching and rolling moment...but I think that the added
convenience of the extended range, not having to have jerry cans in the
cockpit and of course the fuel gauge problem elegantly resolved out weighs
the negatives.

Bye the way if any of you heard muffled cursing and rumbling coming from the
north on Sunday, that was me when I realized the gauge was dead, the problem
was in the sending unit, and the sending unit could not be reached unless
the factory installed fuel filler hose, steering, throttle and shift
assemblies were removed...

Gord #426