[Public-list] A30 Yawl Plans

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Jul 27 14:24:26 PDT 2006

Hi Roger...

Well, the stick may or may not have been taller or shorter...and the boom
length may not have changed either... The thing is a fractional rig allows a
more easily bent mast, and that gives the sailor another card to play in
fine sail trim.  And no, it would not likely have had any effect at all on
pointing - only insofar as bending the mast would allow a flatter main,
which would have allowed the boat to carry more sail in higher winds... Re
the ballast - purely a cost thing!

Gord #426