[Public-list] Calking for Toe Rail

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Jul 31 11:25:50 PDT 2006

I am a believer in Sikaflex - it adheres well to teak; and adheres even
better if you apply their primer.

I also caulked the edges - it is not a complete nor a permanent repair; and
of course the most annoying leaks involve the bolts for the genoa
tracks...caulking the edges of the wooden rail does nothing about those.  I
am going to have to lift them and the cap rail off and do it properly

Gord #426