[Public-list] Holding tanks for older A30s

Bobby capricebob at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 09:06:20 PDT 2006

I was able to get a Kracor #5057 tank in my boat (Caprice #388, 1969) under the port side V-berth. It's 15 gallons.   I made a cardboard model using the dimensions (see http://www.kracor.com/support/holdingtanks.pdf) and there was significant enough room to be able to build a mounting bracket and allow for the fittings and hoses.  They will put in fittings to your specifications.  I installed two vents and a 3" cleanout on the top of the tank.  Also, I had them put in a fitting on the side near the top for Waste-in and one near the bottom for Waste-out. I ran a hose from the waste-out fitting to a Y valve behind the toilet inside the cabinet.  One leg goes to up to a deck fitting for a pumpout and the other goes to a manual pump installed on the left side of the toilet.  From there waste is pumped overboard through a seacock and thru hull fitting.  It works great.

Jonathan Adams <laughing_gull at verizon.net> wrote:
  There is much discussion on the web site on the holding tanks for newer A30s. However, I could not find any commentary on whether or not the Raritan tank would work in an older boat.

Anyone have any experience with an older boat? less room? If not the Raritan - any comments on tank choice.

Appreciate any comments?

Jonathan
Laughing Gull #197
http://mysite.verizon.net/laughing_gull/