[Public-list] Adequate Inspection of Bronze fittings andSSChainplates

sousa_stephen at emc.com sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Jul 13 10:03:07 PDT 2006

Mike,

The rigger mentioned 10-15 years, it depends on the temps and sailing
conditions. The other area of concern which I would of never anticipated
is during winter depending on where you are located, fresh water
entering the fittings. It will freeze between the swage and fitting
causing fractures that will eventually fail. The rigger recommends
covering your rigging during the winter.

Stephen