[Public-list] repowering

Tim Erwin timerwin at charter.net
Sun Jul 16 07:12:14 PDT 2006

Good morning from Texas

We just repowered over the winter. Our boat had a universal 5411 that died
in the Fall. I choose a Yanmar 2ym-15. The installation was pretty expensive
because they had to change the motor mounts and put in a new shaft .
I just love the motor. It is a 3600 rpm vs 3000 on the old one.The boat
moves at just under hull speed at 3300 rpm with a two blade sail prop..This
new motor makes me realize how worn out my old motor was.

Tim Erwin  Sonsy #200