[Public-list] Replacing the Atomic 4

David Parkes davidparkes at ns.aliantzinc.ca
Thu Jun 15 17:14:31 PDT 2006

Well C.B. here we are 7 months later and I've taken your advice (and that of
others).  A month ago I bought an old Atomic 4 for parts, and practice.
Last Saturday I drove to Vermont, and on Sunday took the engine out of the
boat and slid it on to a custom wooden bed in the back seat of my Chrysler
Sebring, with the help of a wonderful broker and an excellent fork lift
driver.  On Sunday evening I drove to Goreham, NH and on Monday I drove
home.  The engine is now in my garage and the cylinders are filled with
Marvel Mystery Oil.  I'll start the overhaul on Saturday, hopefully with the
assistance of one of our regular contributors.  I'll keep you posted on our
progress.
Needless to say there is no more talk about selling "Sapphira", at least not
until we get her home; we will be sailing for home (Halifax, NS) sometime in
mid-July.
David Parkes
#417 "Sapphira"