[Public-list] Seized Shifter and Gear cable

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Sun Jun 18 04:42:10 PDT 2006

When I replaced my cable I used a Morse Teleflex 64C cable on my Alberg 37
which has a similar mechanical transmission, hard shift, clunks into gear,
as the Atomic on the A-30 - I have a Westerbeake. I used a 33C on the
throttle. 33C's can be used on hydraulic, but not mechanical, transmissions
as well. If you have an Atomic with the original engine you will most likely
have one of the mechanical transmissions. How long a cable - best you
measure what you have. Too long is better than too short as the turns need
to be gradual and smooth.

Darned if I can remember my transmission type at this time but it was a 64C
series cable for sure. They are expensive but there is not substitute.

Hope this is a help.

Cheers,
John