[Public-list] Bottom Painting Question

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Jun 24 19:06:56 PDT 2006

Cole, Andrew L wrote:
> I think it is getting to be time or a new bottom job on Andante.  I'm
> looking for a simple, durable and cheap cruising bottom.  What should I
> be expecting to pay to have someone strip the old bottom paint and put
> on new stuff?  Does anyone have a place to recommend to do the work in
> or around Annapolis?

Andrew,

The difficulty of removing the old paint depends on what paint it is.
That's why I quit using Pettit Trinidad (which worked well) and went to
Micron CSC (which also works well).  I don't sand the ablative paint.
Instead, I wet it down and scrub it with a 3M grill scrubber
(http://www.foodservicedirect.com/productimages/OT429771S.jpg).

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.