[Public-list] Boarding Ladders

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Tue Mar 28 14:10:39 PST 2006

I am intereted in finding out what sort of boarding ladders are in use
in the group? Tansom vs side ladders? What are the plusses and minuses
of each type? Recommendations for really good ladders? Warings for bad
ones?

In particular,I am interested in the removable transom ladder sold by
westmarine (P. 630) in the 2006 catalogue. I remember that this ladder
was mentioned several years ago, but I do not know if the dicussion is
still avaliable. In any case a lot of water has gone under the dam since
that discussion.

I realise that this query is part specific and part fishing expedition.
Any contributions would be most appreciated. In case you wonder, my
current ladder is a rather inexpensive, lightweight ladder I purchased
from Defender.

Thanks for any and all insights

David, Talisman, # 432