[Public-list] Zincs

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Mar 28 18:18:39 PST 2006

Fellow Albergers,

The zinc on my prop shaft and the one I have remotely attached to the
cutlass bearing housing by a copper strap decay noticeably faster than the other
zincs on the bottom of Stargazer.

Anyone experience something similar?

At first, I assumed that indicated that I had some stray current going
through the engine to the shaft.

Then I thought that those zincs might go fastest because they were attached
to the largest pieces of metal protruding from the boat, namely, the prop,
shaft, and cutlass bearing housing.

The other zincs I have are 1) for the rudder gudgeons, and 2) for  the rudder
shoe.

Stargazer's thru hulls are marlon.

There is a fleet of fishing boats in New Bedford harbor that run their
engines and generators all night, and so there is alot of stray current.

Any thoughts?

Thx,
Lee
Stargazer #255