[Public-list] Cockpit floor

dan walker dsailormon at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 06:43:15 PST 2006

bill ,
  after my experience with the technicians in charleston you would be better off making a ton of mistakes yourself and re doing it until you know it is done right. it isn't the money in the long run and here you will save it anyway

Bill Ydel <bydel at bellsouth.net> wrote:
  The cockpit on SallyB #441 has nonskid that looks like it was glued down
years ago. It is hard as a rock and cracking. As pieces break off it is
taking everything off down to the wood floor. I am going to have to grind
everything down to the wood. My question is what I should use to build it
back to give the cockpit both its strength and water tightness.

I have never done this type of repair and your words of experience would be
great help.
There is a man in Charleston who can do this for me, but I would rather not
pay him $70/hr. I feel like this is something I should be able to do myself.

Bill