[Public-list] Cockpit floor

Roger L Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Tue Mar 14 07:33:11 PST 2006

Hi Gord,

Sounds like a trade off between horsepower and size.  Big router equals big
base, little Dermil equals little base but low torque.  How about a 7+ amp
grinder (Roger Sidebar [sorry]: After initial disappointments, I now by
power tools the Tim the Toolman way, "more power."  However, I did just
break down and get an 18 volt, rechargeable "Skill" saw from DeWalt with
trepidation because I didn't think it would have adequate power.  Turns out
it has plenty of power; battery just runs down faster:  thank goodness I
have 8 of those.  With all of the DeWalt rechargeable I have bought over the
years, I should have started out by buying their $500+ "sack-o-tools"
special.) with some kind of home made jig attached that limits wheel depth.
Might have to change blades as the diameter wears down (or make the jig
adjustable).  I just love those real thin cut off wheels;  they cut anything
(and, relative to one's fingers, everything) and you can "sculpt" better
than with a rotating or reciprocating blade.

Roger

(please note my email address has changed to r.kingsland at ksba.com)
Roger Kingsland
Managing Partner